Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was first settled about 1730 and officially constituted in 1812 with the division of Northampton County.
History of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania by Lehigh County Historical Society
Bauman Or Bowman Family John Dieter Bauman, the ancestor of this family in America, was a native of Germany and arrived at Philadelphia on October 2, 1727. He first settled in Marlboro township, Philadelphia county, where he secured 200 acres of land and owned and operated a grist-mill. In the year 1751 his name, with that of his wife, Eva Elizabeth, appears as sponsor at the baptism of a son of George Klein, in Lower Milford township.
About 1755, he removed beyond the Blue mountains, to Northampton county, to what is now Lower Towamensing township, Carbon county. Here he cleared a tract of land and lived until his death in 1762, leaving a widow and four children: Bernard, Henry, Mary, and Sabilla.
from the History of Carbon County, Pennsylvania by Frederick Charles Brenckman
The pioneer of his family in America was John Deter Bauman, who is known to have purchased land near the mouth of Lizard creek, in what is now East Penn township, Carbon county, in the year 1760. He was one of the first settlers of Northampton county north of the Blue mountains. Not only did he become an extensive land owner in this portion of the county, but he was also a successful hunter and trapper, as were his descendants for several generations. He was the father of four children: Bernhard, Henry, Mary, and Sabilla.
The Goshenhoppen Church in Hereford Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was a Union church where Lutheran and Reformed congregations shared one building. The first recorded Reformed worship service was on October 12, 1727. The congregations built a log building that was both church and schoolhouse.