Various spellings of Estey
Easte, Este, Estee, Estes, Estey, Esty
The town of Ipswich was established on August 5, 1634, from common land called Agawam. On October 18, 1648, that portion called the "Village" at the New Meadows was set off as Topsfield. The boundary line between Ipswich and Topsfield was established, February 28, 1694.
Some researchers believe that her first husband was David Kilburn and that she married an Estey second. David was probably not her first husband since when her father died in 1745, she was named in his will as Ruth Estey. Ruth Kilburn had three children after 1745.
Essex County, Massachusetts was created on May 10, 1643 by the General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, when it ordered "that the whole plantation within this jurisdiction be divided into four sheires."