Framingham, Middlesex County, Massachusetts was first known as Danforth’s Farms.
In 1701 the Framingham Church was organized with the Rev. John Swift as the town's first minister. In 1706 the town hired its first schoolmaster and in 1716 the first schoolhouse was built.
from Fiske and Fisk Family by Frederick Pierce
William Fiske (Nathan, Nathan, Nathaniel, William, Robert, Simon, Simon, William, Symond), b. Wat. Nov. 10, 1678; m. Nov. 3, 1708, Eunice Jennings of Fram., b. 1686, dau. of Stephen, who settled in Framingham, Mass., in 1660, and who m. Jan. 1, 1685, in Sudbury, Hannah Stanhope.
After William's death his widow m. Jan. 3, 1754, William Johnson. He d. Mar. 16, 1759; res. Willington, Conn.
Lydia, b. Feb. 14, 1766;
Sarah, b. July 19, 1757; Benjamin, b. Dec. 12, 1758;
Abigail, b. May 12, 1760; Eunice, b. May 8, 1762;
Mehitable, b. June 3, 1764.
Wm. was b. in Watertown and m. his wife in Framingham.
During the year 1715 he removed to Connecticut and settled in Ashford. May, 1716, he sold to Thomas Orcutt, "the land where the house he now occupies is situated." In the town records of Ashford, which by the way are in a very bad condition, his wife Eunice is called "Unis." He d. Nov. 8, 1750; res. Watertown, Mass., and Willington, Conn.
Old Style Calendar
Before 1752 the year began on Lady Day, March 25th,. Dates between January 1st and March 24th were at the end of the year. Old Style (O.S.) and New Style (N.S.) are used to indicate whether the year has been adjusted. Often both dates are used.
Bond's genealogy of Watertown is available on Kindle.