from History of Huntingdon and Blair counties, Pennsylvania by J. Simpson Africa
The Jackson family, from which the present township took its name, was one of the earliest in the county. George Jackson came from Wilmington, Del., and settled on the Swoope farm, on Raystown Branch, about 1766. In the course of half a dozen years he settled on the Little Juniata, in the present township of Logan, below Jack's Narrows...
There he lived during the Revolution, forting at Anderson's and being enrolled as a member of a scouting party. He died in 1806, and was buried in the old Shaver's graveyard, below the railroad at Petersburg.
He reared children named
Thomas, and daughters,
Jane, who married Col. John Fee;
Mary, [who married ] John Beatty;
Rachel, [who married] Joseph Potter, of Shaver's Creek;
Elizabeth, [who married] William Spencer, of Alexandria; and
Prudence, [who married] Samuel Keller, of Blair County.
Joseph [Jackson], the oldest son, was born on Raystown Branch, a short time after the settlement of the family, and was one of the first white children born in the county. He was baptized at Huntingdon by the Rev. William Smith, the proprietor of the town, on the occasion of one of his visits from Philadelphia. In 1791 he was married to Margaret Wilson, a daughter of John Wilson, who settled on Herod's Run in Jackson, and what is now known as the Jackson homestead, in 1776....