Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts was first settled by English Puritans in 1629 and was first incorporated in 1631 as Saugus.
Records and Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts, Volume 9
Mary Nick of Lynn, relict of John Nick, declared that her husband left her in debt, and what small amount was left she had spent.
from Essex Institute Historical Collections
William Nick House. This lot belonged to William Nick of Marblehead, fisherman, very early. He owned the house and land in 1682 ; and died possessed of it in October, 1683. The dwelling house and outhouses with the orchard and the field towards the northwest side of the house were appraised at two hundred pounds. In his will he gave the house and land to his brothers John Nick and Christopher Nick for their lives and then to "the children." In 1696, the house was "old" and in very bad condition. It was probably gone soon after 1700.