William Hendricks (1763, married Susannah Taylor, daughter of John Taylor),
Nancy Hendricks (1766, married William McCormack),
Kersey Hendricks married Unknown Jones),
Priscilla Hendricks (married Unknown Kezar),
Mary Hendricks (married Unknown Hewit),
Elizabeth Hendricks (married Unknown Long),
Daniel Hendriks (1775, married Margaret Duke), and
They lived in an area that is now in West Virginia.
The New River flows through North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia .In 1755, Mary Draper Ingles (1732-1815) was captured by Shawnee warriors near Blacksburg and taken to Ohio. She escaped and made her way home by following the Ohio, Kanawha, and New Rivers.
from the History of Clark County, Ohio
Daniel [Hendricks] was born in 1745 and married Jane Buckles, a daughter of Robert Buckles, one of the first settlers of Potomac valley.
To this union were born five girls and three boys :
horsey [Kersey] became Mrs. Jones;
Priscilla, Mrs. Kizer:
Mary, Mrs. Hewett:
and the other daughters were
Mrs. McCormick and
Mrs. Long. while the sons were
Tobias went west when young.
William, born in 1768, was married to Susan Taylor and removing to Pleasant township, Clark county, Ohio, settled on section 28 in the year 1804. Later he sold there and bought a farm one mile west of the village of Mutual. He died February 11, 1813, and his wife died March 5, 1809. They had seven children:
Mary, born January 18, 1785, married Samuel Lafferty;
Blanche, born February 28, 1787, became the wife of William Hunter, February 1, 1807. John was born December 9, 1790.
William was born October 14, 1792, and married Elizabeth McConkey April 17, 1817. Sarah, born January 28, 1795, died in childhood.
Solomon, born October 11, 1796, died in boyhood. Ann, born November 17, 1798, married David Taylor, and after his death married another man of the name of Taylor, who was not, however, a relative of her first husband.
Clark County, Ohio was formed March 1, 1817, from Champaign, Madison and Greene Counties. The first settlement was in 1796. The inhabitants of German Township were German Lutherans who came from Virginia.